| Tuition Policy
1. Preschool / daycare center: $100
2. Summer camp (annually): $35
3. All other programs (combined): $35
Tuition due dates:
- Registration is separate for the three program categories above. For example,
a current Saturday English reading class student who wants to join the summer camp must pay the summer
camp registration fee to do so. However, the English reading class student doesn't have to pay
a registration fee to continue the English reading course and/or to take an English writing class.
- Registration fees are for new students or returning students in the quarterly programs who have taken a leave for 3 or more quarters.
Where to pay tuition:
- Monthly programs: The last working day before the 25th of preceding month
- Quarterly programs: Two weeks before the quarter starts
Late payment fee:
- Monthly tuition: Must be paid in person. Sorry we don't accept mailed checks.
- Quarterly tuition: Pay in person or mail to:
PO Box 77804
Seattle, WA 98177
Early Bird Special for quarterly programs:
- Monthly programs: $5 per calendar day, starting immediately after the tuition due day
- Quarterly programs: $5 per week, starting after the first lesson of the quarter
Please click here for the Early Bird special deadlines.
Final Month Tuition Deposit:
- $100 per student for preschool / childcare program.
- The deposit is not refundable under any circumstances, but parents can deducted it from the final month's tuition
when providing a 45-day written notice for withdrawal.
- A full month's tuition will be charged if no written notice is received 45 days before the student's last day.
Late pick-up fees:
- Summer camp or preschool/childcare: 5%, applied to the lower tuition
- All other programs: $10, for the same course only
Bounced check or incorrect check:
- Preschool / childcare and summer camp: $10 per student to start, with an additional $10 fee every subsequent half hour. This is not a penalty, but a service fee for the care we provide to your child. This fee is due on spot when the child is picked up. There is an additional $1 per calendar day if the late pick-up fee is not paid when the child is picked up.
- Quarterly programs: Parents are consented to bring their children to class on time and pick up their children
immediately after class. WIS does not provide childcare before or after classes. Parents are fully responsible for the safety of their children
during non-class time.
$35 service fee is charged for each bounced check or incorrect check that needs corrections.
Credit and refund:
- If a lesson is cancelled by school: Full credit or refund available for the cancelled lesson. If choosing credit, the credit can be used for
any programs provided by WIS. If choosing refund, a refund check will be mailed within 30 days when parents provide us the correct mailing address.
- If a lesson is cancelled by student:
1). For summer camp, there is no refund under any circumstances, but you can switch weeks/days within the same year's summer camp with a written request
submitted at least 10 days before the involved weeks. Please read summer camp page for more details.
2).For all other programs, such as preschool/childcare (including Tumble Bus, Art, and Music lessons) and quarterly programs
(such as SAT Prep, English Reading, English Writing, and Chinese), there is no credit or refund once tuition is paid, regardless of when it is paid.
Preschool / childcare closure days:
- If a class is cancelled by instructor: The instructor will arrange a make-up lesson.
- If a class is cancelled by student: No make-up lesson.
School is closed on the following 11 days each year. School tuition is already adjusted accordingly; therefore no discount, deduction, refund, credit,
or make-up lessons will be issued.
Snow day policy:
1) New Year
2) Martin Luther King's Day
3) President's Day
4) Memorial Day
5) Independence Day
6) Labor Day
7) Veterans Day
9) The day after Thanksgiving
11) Parent-teacher conference day (to be announced each year)
Please click here for details.